Duplicate charges on your account can occur due to various factors. Here are some common scenarios that may lead to double billing:
- Multiple recurring subscriptions: There might be a possibility that you have two separate accounts with active recurring subscriptions, and you may be charged twice. It's important to note that you might not be aware of having a second account. To resolve this, consider canceling one of the subscriptions and continue using the other account. If you are unsure whether you have multiple accounts, we recommend checking your email or contacting us for assistance.
- Delayed payment processing: In some cases, you may notice a discrepancy in your billing that gives the impression of being billed twice. This can occur due to the way payment processing works. For example, if you use a Credit Card as your payment method, there might be a delay in payment processing. Our system will automatically retry the purchase several times within a 30-day period. If the payment is received within this timeframe, your membership will remain active and renew once the current month expires. The same applies if you pay through PayPal but with a 15-day grace period for payment receipt. Although it may appear as double billing, rest assured that you will only be charged for a single billing cycle.
- System error: Occasionally, a system error may occur, leading to duplicate charges. If this happens, rest assured that our team is working to rectify the issue and ensure it doesn't happen again.
To determine if you were charged twice for Crunchyroll, follow these steps:
- Review the last 3 entries for Crunchyroll on your bank or credit card statement.
- If you find only 3 charges within the last 90 days, it means you were not charged twice.
If you have noticed that you have been double-charged, please contact us with the following information:
- The amount charged:
- The date of the transaction:
- The currency type: USD, Canadian, Euro, etc.
- If you are being billed from a credit card:
- Your full name as it appears on your credit card
- The brand of your credit card (e.g. Visa)
- The last 4 digits of your credit card number
- The expiration date of your credit card
- The billing zip code of your credit card
- If you are being billed through PayPal:
- Please log in to your PayPal account and go to https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/connect/, select Crunchyroll subscription and scroll down to billing details, and provide the Billing ID listed below.
- Please provide the primary email address on your PayPal account.
- The full name on the PayPal account.
To find more FAQ’s and knowledge base questions and answers, access the rest of our knowledge base.
If you still need further help, need something changed regarding your account, or would like to contact us directly, please contact us with the details.