I'm being billed twice. What's happening?
A double payment may happen for one of the following reasons.
- You have 2 recurring membership subscriptions. You can be charged twice if you have 2 accounts that both have a recurring subscription. When this happens, you'll need to cancel the subscription on 1 of these accounts and continue using the other account.
- We didn't receive your previous payment on time. When you use a Credit Card as your payment method and we don't receive payment immediately, our system automatically retries the purchase a few times over the course of a 30 day period. If the payment is received within this period of time, your membership remains active and continues to automatically renew once your current month expires. The same thing happens when you pay through Paypal except there's only a 15 day grace period for the payment to be received. This is usually why you would see a double payment.
- There was a system error that caused you to be charged twice.
You can verify whether or not you were charged twice by locating the last 3 entries for Crunchyroll on your bank statement. If you were only charged 3 times within the last 90 days, then you were not charged twice. If you see more than three charges, please contact us and we can provide further assistance.
The following link will allow you to contact our Customer Service team. Please provide the following information:
- The amount charged
- The date of the transaction
- If you are being billed from a credit card:
- Your full name as it appears on your credit card
- The brand of your credit card (e.g. Visa)
- The last 4 digits of your credit card number
- The expiration date of your credit card
- The billing zip code of your credit card
- The primary email of your PayPal account
- If possible, the Paypal transaction ID for the specific charge
You can contact us directly with the above info by clicking here.To find more FAQ’s and knowledge base questions and answers, access the rest of our knowledge base.
To check out the forums, find shared answers from other users, or post a question about shows and other interests, check out Crunchyroll forums.
If you still need further help, need something changed regarding your account, or would like to contact us directly, please contact us with the details.