By default, the video player will select the AUTO quality. This means that it will always raise your quality to the highest standard your internet connection is capable of reliably streaming at that time. If anything causes your connection to slow down (or speed up!) the video player will automatically make adjustments during playback. This reduces the amount of buffering and increases the amount of anime you watch!
We do however still give you the option to select your own quality. You can do so by selecting the settings button within the player and clicking the tab next to the AUTO quality. The qualities provided are:
- 240p: The lowest video quality available that all users have access to. Generally only used as a last resort when internet connections are most unstable or limited. Also good if you are really interested in keeping data usage low.
- 360p: A low range quality available for limited or unstable connections. Gives breathing room for those with limited speeds or older computers.
- 480p: This is the same resolution that you would find on DVD, though it's highly compressed in order for most people to stream the videos while using minimal internet resources. The downside to this is that you need a fairly fast computer in order to decode the video.
- 720p: This is the second-highest quality that we offer, but it's only available for select Simulcast titles. This is also provided in a highly compressed format, but you still may need an above-average internet connection to view it (depending on where you are from) and a fast computer to decode the video without stuttering.
- 1080p: This is the highest quality that we offer and is only recommended for people with a high-end computer and a fast internet connection. Trying to run this on a lower-end computer may cause the video playback to stutter a lot, cause your computer to slow down in general, and may even crash your web browser. Please make sure your computer can handle 1080p videos before loading one.
To check out the forums, find shared answers from other users, or post a question about shows and other interests, check out Crunchyroll forums.
If you still need further help, need something changed regarding your account, or would like to contact us directly, please contact us with the details.