If you are having an issue with a specific episode or series:
- Please first check that the show you are attempting to view is not dubbed in another language. Using the season selector should show you if you are attempting to view the base series (English Sub) or an international Dub.
For additional info go here:
- If you are intentionally attempting to view an International Dub and it is not working you will have to make sure the dubbed language matches your preferred language in your settings. (If you are trying to watch English dubs, make sure your preferred language is set to English)
- If issues with a specific episode or series continues, please write in and let us know.
If all videos are having issues:
- Your device has an unstable connection. All you can do to resolve this is to make sure your connection is as stable as possible and try again. Try switching from data to WIFI or vice versa.
- If the problem occurs even when you are on a stable wifi connection, your device may be unable to decode the video. When this happens, you should contact us to tell us the specific video you had trouble with, as well as what device you are using, so we can look into it. Check if other videos work to see if it's only that particular one, or all videos across the board.
- On your device, clear your cache and delete the app data before uninstalling, unlinking and deactivating your device from your account settings (https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct/?action=devices), and reinstalling the Crunchyroll app.
- Try restarting your device before opening the app
-Getting to the right servers:
Because the servers for various devices are all located in different parts of the country, sometimes it's a matter of pointing to the right DNS server.
Changing your router's DNS should resolve this. You’ll find complete instructions on how to change your DNS by using OpenDNS.com's all-encompassing guide (https://store.opendns.com/setup). You should try this first, if in the USA and Europe. If this doesn't seem to help, you can try Google's Public DNS (https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns).
If you get a message stating "We're currently preparing this show for your device. Please check back later!", it may mean:
- The show you are attempting to view is currently being uploaded/encoded. While it may be available for some devices, other devices may be behind by just a few minutes.
To find more FAQ’s and knowledge base questions and answers, access the rest of our knowledge base.
To check out the forums, find shared answers from other users, or post a question about shows and other interests, check out Crunchyroll forums.
If you still need further help, need something changed regarding your account, or would like to contact us directly, please contact us with the details.