If you get a message that says "Sorry, this video cannot be played", this means that either:
- Your device has an unstable connection. All you can do to resolve this is to make sure your connection is as stable as can be and try again.
- If the problem occurs even when you are on a stable WiFi connection, your device may be unable to decode the video. See if the problem is with more than just one video. If it's just one then you should contact us to tell us the specific video you had trouble with, as well as what Android device you are using, so we can look into it.
If the issue is with all videos then we will need to troubleshoot the app. On your device, clear your cache and delete the app data before uninstalling, unlinking and deactivating your device from your account settings (https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct/?action=devices), and reinstalling the Crunchyroll app. You need to perform all steps before reinstalling.
- The last troubleshooting step has to do with connecting with our servers. Because the servers for various devices are all located in different parts of the country, sometimes it's a matter of pointing to the right DNS server. Changing your router's DNS should resolve this. You’ll find complete instructions on how to change your DNS by using OpenDNS.com's all-encompassing guide (https://store.opendns.com/setup). You should try this first, if in the USA and Europe. If this doesn't seem to help, you can try Google's Public DNS (https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns).
If you get a message stating "We're currently preparing this show for your device. Please check back later!", it may mean:
- The show you are attempting to view is currently being uploaded/encoded. While it may be available for some devices, other devices may be behind by just a few minutes.
- The show you are attempting to view is dubbed in another language. In order to view these videos you will have to make sure the dubbed language matches your preferred language in your settings. (If you are attempting to view English dubs, make sure your preferred language is set to English)
If you are not a Premium Member and it asks you to upgrade in order to watch, that means that the video is only available to Premium Members at this time.To find more FAQ’s and knowledge base questions and answers, access the rest of our knowledge base.
To check out the forums, find shared answers from other users, or post a question about shows and other interests, check out Crunchyroll forums.
If you still need further help, need something changed regarding your account, or would like to contact us directly, please contact us with the details.