Sorry that our PlayStation 4 app is giving you trouble! Here are a few basic tips that can help get Crunchyroll running for you again:
- For starters, please completely back out of the Crunchyroll app by pressing the PS button on your controller, and selecting CLOSE APPLICATION. If that does not work, restart your PlayStation 4, then restart the Crunchyroll app.
- Select SETTINGS, then NETWORK, then TEST INTERNET CONNECTION, and check to ensure your PS4 has a stable connection.
- Ensure that your PlayStation 4 console and Crunchyroll app are updated to their most current versions.
- If these steps don't help, uninstall your Crunchyroll app by going to TV/VIDEO, highlighting the app, pressing OPTIONS on your controller, then selecting DELETE. Then head on over to your Crunchyroll account settings (https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct/?action=devices) and unlink and deactivate your PS4. Reinstall the app by downloading it from the PlayStation Store.
If you are receiving a message stating "Unable to access online features. Please check your network settings and try again" or other connectivity errors:
It may be that you are attempting to view a season that is dubbed in another language. Please make sure the season you have selected is either the base season (The English subbed version) or is dubbed in English. Then make sure your preferred language is set to English. If you are attempting to view a season that was dubbed in another language you will first need to switch your preferred language to match the dubs.
Changing your DNS:
Because the servers for various devices are all located in different parts of the country sometimes it's a matter of pointing to the right DNS server. So let's see if updating your **Playstation 4**'s DNS settings will help.
##### [OpenDNS Servers:](https://use.opendns.com/)
##### [Google Public DNS Servers:](https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns)
##### From Your PS4:
1. Go to _Settings_
2. Go to _Network_
3. Go to _Set Up Internet Connection_
* Choose the appropriate network connection method
* Select _Custom_
* IP Address Settings: Automatic
* DHCP Host Name: Do Not Specify
* DNS Settings: Manual
* Primary & Secondary DNS: **_See Above_**
* MTU Settings: Automatic
* Proxy Server: Do Not Use
5. Save, turn off, and disconnect your PS4 for at least 30 seconds before restarting.
This DNS change seems to work well with ongoing video problems.
To find more FAQ’s and knowledge base questions and answers, access the rest of our knowledge base.
If you still need further help, need something changed regarding your account, or would like to contact us directly, please contact us with the details.