If you are having any trouble adding a payment method to your account please try the following steps:
- If you have recently made multiple failed attempts at adding a credit card, please give it 1–2 hours before making a new attempt. Many retries in a short period could cause the system to limit your account temporarily.
- If you're on the website, clear cache and cookies or try a different browser. If you are on a mobile device, try using the browser instead of the app.
- Make sure that when adding a valid credit card (not a prepaid card) the postal code matches what you currently have on file with your bank. To protect you against fraud, if the postal code doesn't match we will reject the transaction.
- For some banks, this can leave a temporary pending (but unsettled) $1 charge on your account. It will fall off your card shortly, usually within 24–48 hours.
- Verify with your bank that there is nothing on their end preventing the authorization transaction from going through. When you call your bank, they may initially tell you “We approved that charge”. You have to be more specific and ask “Why did the AVS (address verification service) not match? What postal code did you receive and what do you have on file for my account?”
- If possible, try a different credit card or PayPal.
- To start a subscription with PayPal please visit: www.crunchyroll.com/welcome as a free member.
- If the PayPal window does not pop up when the “Pay With PayPal” button is selected, please make sure that your browser allows pop-up windows.
In case you wish to know more about what other payment methods we accept, please review this article.